Monday 21 January 2008

Virtual Combat Journal: Captain



Yesterday, I finally made Captain in Call of Duty 4. The innovative thing about this First Person Shooter game that sets it apart from the rest is its online ranking system.

You start out as a lowly Private and work your way up to General...? How does an enlisted personnel get to become an officer and then climb all the way up to General? Apparently, after First Sergeant, one gets bumped to 1st Lieutenant, bypassing the Sergeant Major ranks.

Well, that's how the game works and that's fine by me. With power comes... great pressure. I'm now expected to perform better than those below me. What's worse, the opposition will be hunting for me on the battlefield!

There's nothing worse than looking at the scoreboard after the game and discovering you fared no better than a Corporal.

No comments: