Monday 30 June 2008

Army of Two

When my wife first joined us, she was just my girlfriend. Pureen's job responsibility included co-ordination and administration of all our production schedule. The area of Video Production in terms of quality control remained solely my responsibility. My staff and I handled all aspects of Video Editing.

I remember during a particular busy month, when we were juggling a number of projects. Pureen indicated she wanted to earnestly take up Video Editing. Her first project was "The Martell VSOP Interactive Dance Challenge". She was off to a rocky start and we spent many hours together, helping her understand the concepts and technicality of Video Editing. In a relatively short time, Pureen had overcame the hurdles related to Video Editing and completed the project almost entirely on her own.

From that moment on, she flew solo, personally editing or supervising every other project which included simple Wedding Videos to the exacting and challenging Event and Product Videos. She now has only the Corporate Video to master. I now have more time for Conceptualisation and Research & Development into new techniques and procurement of more advanced equipment.

I remain extremely grateful to Pureen for her enthusiasm and passion towards our profession. She's an invaluable resource to our company.

WolFang Digital's deliverables are enhanced, blessed by thorough quality control. Now we have two sharp minds thinking for our clients. During on-location Videography, Pureen is already a familiar fixture within our team. She's the liaison with our clients, freeing me to devote my time to direct our Videography team.

We talk about WolFang Digital constantly, about our dreams and aspirations for the company.

We haven't come to the best part yet. The best part of being an army of two is our ability to second guess each other- Pureen and I know what's best for the company. This reduces the time it takes to make a decision, making us more agile. That's not all. I trust Pureen and we both have faith in each other making similar efficient decisions that advances WolFang Digital.

Now I'm planning to teach Pureen Motion Graphics. She's not expressed an interest to take up Videography yet, but to everyone their own right to dream.

Yes, it's a beautiful feeling when your wife shares the same passion as you do, with the same level of fervour. There is no better team than when a man and a woman join forces to dominate one goal... an army of two!

No comments: